Johann Christian Hahn and his wife Maria were amongst the original settlers of the Barossa Valley after leaving their home in Selesia in 1839. The first vineyard was planted in Nurootpa by Johann's grandson, Hermann in 1914 and named 'Section 72'. This special block of land produced grapes of the highest quality for the Hahn family for many generations to follow.
This classic Barossa Shiraz displays varietal characteristics of liquorice, red berry fruits, hints of vanilla and plums on the palate. Ripe tannins and a complex acidity enhace the intense persistence of flavour. This is an eady-drinking wine that demonstrates the style that has made the Barossa Valley famous worldwide.