Kumeu River 'Village' Chardonnay 2016

Decant

$16.99 Was $19.99

This product is currently sold out

About 70 percent of this wine spent time in older barrels while the remaining 30 percent was entirely made in stainless steel. The wine is youthful now with medium intensity on the nose and palate; flavours are of a citrusy, salty tang, almonds, hazelnuts and cardamon, nutmeg and a light hint of clove-like spice. It is bone dry with a finish that is far longer than I would anticipate in a Chardonnay at this price. There is a firm, flavoursome grip on the finish, which Brajkovich attributes to tannins: “Tannins are inherently lower in white wine than in reds but they are present and they are more important than we give them credit for.”

Share this

Similar Products